Job Title: Finance Assistant Volunteer
Organization: Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Finance and Admin Officer
Vacancy Number: AFOD-U-VA1/2018
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-denominational, apolitical and non-sectarian Humanitarian and Development Organization incorporated in Uganda in 2015 with NGO board registration number 11619. AFOD Uganda seeks to work closely with rural and urban poor communities across the country to address their real needs and build local partnership with institutions/communities and support community structures to jointly identify and address the underlying causes of poor health and steer social change. AFOD Uganda’s five-year Programme strategic thematic areas of focus include; 1) Health; 2) Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods; 3) Environmental Health 4) Protection and Psychosocial Support 5) Research and Innovation; 6) Institutional Capacity Building.
In the bid to implementing its vision, mission statement and strategic objectives, AFOD has partnered with WFP Uganda, the district local government offices and other partners to implement Targeted Food and Cash distribution to refugee beneficiaries in Adjumani settlements; and also, to implement TSFP and MCHN activities in Koboko refugee settlements.
Therefore to effectively implement these programs, AFOD Uganda is looking for dynamic, experienced and qualified person to fill the position of Volunteer Finance Assistant.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant volunteer will provide professional and technical contribution to project accounting and financial procedures and controls at country office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department.
- Verifying the accuracy and authenticity of source documents.
- Code and track accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Posting financial information into the accounting system.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the accounting system and processing backups.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance Assistant volunteer opportunity should hold a University degree Finance or Accounts, B. Com, Business accounting, Business Administration, ACCA/CPA is an added advantage.
- A minimum of one year of proven programmatic financial experience.
- Previous experience in both emergency and development financial management
- Prior experience of working in integrated programmes with multiple donors.
- Previous exposure and experience in navigating through accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Language: Fluent in English and other common local languages an added advantage. Previous experience in Non-governmental organization is a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should fill in the volunteer application form and upload your updated CV and academic documents before 14th Feb 2018.